You can probably tell by now that I eat a lot of oatmeal for breakfast. I love oatmeal! I didn’t grow up eating it very much and I thought it was yucky as a kid, but now I can’t believe how much I love it. The fun thing is that it can be so versatile! You can get pretty creative with flavor combinations and I’m sure I’ll have many more to come. If you haven’t already, you can also try out my No Bake Cookie Oatmeal, and my Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal. Love them both!
So this one is pretty straight forward and easy. I use PB2 again like in the No bake Cookie Oatmeal.
As you can see, I am still going through my orange nail polish phase. 🙂
Stir things around and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes and you are done! You can add some fresh berries on top if you would like, or just use the frozen ones. I like to pour almond milk on my oatmeal and enjoy it creamy. 🙂 This is great with some egg whites on the side after your morning workout!
- 1/2 C Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 C water
- 2 T PB2 powder
- 1/4 C fresh or frozen berries (I used frozen)
- 1/4 t liquid Stevia or to taste
- 1/2 t vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan and turn on to medium heat. Stir until everything is mixed well together. Bring to a low boil and turn down to simmer 3-4 minutes or until thick. Spoon out into a serving bowl and let cool slightly before eating.
- Top with fresh berries or milk if you would like.
Macros: Calories 212; Fat 4.5; Carbs 36; Protein 10