Here is a quick and easy gravy recipe I wanted to share with you guys. White Gravy! (or Chicken Gravy some people call it). This is a really light dairy free version that you can whip up in about 5 minutes and it’s so good with so many things. We usually make it for biscuits and gravy, or with omelettes. This would also be yummy with chicken and mashed potatoes. The sky is the limit here! 🙂
Doesn’t that look yummy? Well, I am here to say that it was. 🙂
All you have to do is whisk everything in a small sauce pan while the milk is still COLD. This is an important piece of info or the flour will be lumpy! Whisk until it’s all smooth.
Turn the heat on to medium and bring it to a simmer. Let it simmer just about 1 minute (keep whisking) and then take it off the heat. It may seem a little thin still, but it will thicken a little more as it sits for a minute.
See? Super fast, and super easy. Now you can pour it over what ever you want and eat it guilt free!
- 2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 2 t chicken bullion
- 3 T all purpose flour
- 1 t fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 t garlic salt (more or less to taste)
- Whisk all ingredients with cold milk in a small sauce pan until completely smooth.
- Turn on heat to medium and bring to a simmer.
- Turn down heat and let simmer about 1 minute and keep whisking while it simmers. Turn off heat and set aside until ready to use. It will thicken a little more while it sits.
- Macros: Calories 38; Fat 1.3; Carbs 5; Protein 1
- Serving size is 1/2 C.