If you love sweet and savory together, and if you love trail mix, have I got a cookie for you! I’m so in love with this latest creation! It’s all good ingredients in these babies, and let me tell you they are super addicting. 🙂 It’s almost like a healthier version of a monster cookie, but better. Ok, so that’s my opinion, but since I’m the one making the cookies, it’s the only one that matters right? 😉 They are chuck full of all the good stuff for some good energy like: peanut butter, oats, whole wheat four, peanuts, pretzels, raisins, m&m’s, honey, etc…… These would make the best after school snack or even be great to take along on a hike or something.
So let’s get down to business. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix you honey, molasses, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Then add in all the trail mix ingredients.
Give that a couple turns of the mixer to incorporate it all a bit, then add you dry ingredients that you got ready earlier. Mix completely, but don’t mix too much. Get a baking sheet ready with some non stick spray or parchment paper. Scoop out about 1 inch sized balls and place 12 on a sheet evenly spaced. Then, for best results, push down the dough slightly to flatten out the cookie. Since they are pretty dense, they don’t really spread in the oven, so I help them out and give them a little smush. 🙂 Bake in your preheated oven for 12-13 minutes.
Seriously, these are so yummy! My mouth is watering right now as I write this, I may just have to go make some more…..
- 2 C rolled oats
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 3/4 C honey
- 2 T molasses
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 C mini m&m's
- 1/2 C chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 C raisins
- 1/2 C chopped mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- In the bowl of you stand mixer, add honey, molasses, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix completely
- Add in last four ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add in fry ingredients and mix again just until completely combined.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Roll into about 1 inch balls and evenly space twelve per baking sheet.
- Flatten dough out slightly with your hand before baking.
- Bake 12-13 minutes, take out of oven, and let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container
Macros per cookie: Calories 154; Fat 6.5; Carbs 21; Protein 4