Having a few quick and easy rub recipes on hand for grilling is a must this summer. I found myself always falling back into the traditional garlic salt and pepper routine. Not that I don’t love me some garlic salt, because I absolutely do, but sometimes you need a bit of a game changer to break the routine. Like I have said in other posts, I love Asian food! After staring into my spice cupboard for a few minutes to try to decide what I was going to do with my chicken, I saw a lonely container of yellow curry powder and the rest fell into place. This chicken has such a bright refreshing flavor, especially with the creamy sriracha sauce. As you can see, I like to just go ahead and drizzle the sauce all over pretty much everything on the plate.
So if you are looking to change up the boring grilled chicken routine, give this one a shot and let me know what you think. You won’t be disappointed. You can adjust the heat level by adding or taking away some sriracha sauce to the mixture.
Turn your grill on to high and let it get good and hot.
Start by mixing your rub ingredients together in a small bowl and then sprinkle it evenly over your chicken breasts (that have been patted dry)
After sprinkling it on, go ahead and give it a quick light massage to rub it in a bit. Now it’s up to you if you want to do both sides or not. If you still have rub left, flip it over and do the same. If not, one side is good. I usually do a light spray of non stick spray over top of the rub. Once your grill is hot, place the chicken sprayed and rubbed side down first. Bring your grill down just a hair off of high, but keep it up there. Close the lid and let it go for about 9-10 minutes.
Flip it over, close the lid again, and let it go another 9-10 until cooked completely through.
While your chicken is cooking put all your sauce ingredients into a small food processor and mix it up until the cilantro is pretty chopped up. And that’s it! It is delicious served over some rice or quinoa with the sauce drizzled over it all…. mmmm.
I sauteed up some nappa cabbage with my rice and it was such a yummy plate.
- 4 chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 1 t yellow curry powder
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- 1/2 t coriander
- ground pepper
- 2 T fresh cilantro
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T Kraft Olive Oil Mayo
- 1-2 t sriracha sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 T honey
- Preheat grill on high.
- mix rub ingredients together in a small bow. Pat chicken breasts dry and sprinkle rub evenly over chicken. Rub into the chicken a little. Spray lightly with non stick spray.
- When grill is hot place chicken on it rub side down, close lid, and turn slightly down the heat, keeping it pretty hot.
- Cook 9-10 minutes, flip chicken over and cook another 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Take off grill and let it rest at least 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking place all the sauce ingredient into a small food processor or blender. Mix until the cilantro is pretty chopped up.
- Serve chicken over rice if desired and drizzle with sauce.
- Macros: Calories 151; Fat 2.6; Carbs 6.4; Protein 22.6
- Serving size is one 4 oz chicken breast and 1.5- 2 T sauce (or 1/4 total amount of sauce)