This is one that I am excited to share with you all! I was in love at first bite! I had eaten a couple other Greek recipes and loving all the lemony flavors, so I threw this all together, threw some lettuce leaves in a bag, and off to work I went. You know it’s good when you keep watching the clock to see when you get to eat. That’s how the rest of my week went after taking this the first day. Usually for work, I make a meal that I can eat for the whole week, or at least 3-4 days of the week, and have it all ready and portioned out in the fridge so I can just grab and go. I had made enough of the this to last me 4 meals so all I had to do each day was grab some big lettuce leaves, mix in some feta cheese, and I was good to go. It’s protein packed, and low carb if you use lettuce. You could also stuff it in a pita and it would be equally as delicious.
It’s pretty simple and straight forward as far as preparation goes. Just cook your chicken ahead of time and dice into cubes. Chop up all the veggies and mix it all together with the dressing. I leave out the cheese and add it to the container I’m taking to work that day so it’s more fresh. Another thing is the cucumbers can get juicy after 3 or 4 days, so if you make a lot for more than 3 or 4 days, I would maybe also leave the cucumbers out until the day that you are going to eat it. Or you can just seed all the cucumbers, but that’s too much work for me :).
Anyway, I hope you give it a try and love it as much as I do. If you do, leave a comment and let me know what you think!
- 1 pound cooked cubed chicken breast
- 2 oz sweet pepper chopped
- 2 oz diced celery
- 3/4 C chopped cucumber
- 3-4 minced green onions
- 12 kalamata olives diced
- 3-4 T minced fresh parsley (optional but yummy)
- 1/2 C plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 C Kraft Olive Oil Mayo (seriously, just invest in this because it rocks)
- 2 T fresh lemon juice +zest of one small lemon
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 C feta cheese
- Large lettuce leaves for wrapping
- Chop all veggies and mix with cooked (and cooled) cubed chicken in a bowl. Wisk together all sauce ingredients in another bowl and then pour in salad bowl. Mix until all combined.
- I usually measure it out into 4 separate containers from the get go and have them ready to go when I need them, but if you are having for dinner with your family, just serve it up how every you like. Just don't forget to add the cheese when you are ready to eat!