So I’m going to do it. I’m finally going to write my first post! I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get going on this, but hey, life happens. I’m excited to share this extremely easy, delicious, healthy, and adaptable recipe with you. Who doesn’t love shrimp tacos, right?
Ok, so you will all find out pretty soon that I’m a woman of few words. I just want to get down to the recipe! So here goes:
Grab a bag of small frozen shrimp at the store, you can get whatever size you want, but I prefer the small ones for tacos. I usually get the highest count per pound that they have that’s not already cooked. I also usually get the ones that say peeled, deveined, and tail off because it’s the least amount of work. All you have to do is set them on the counter until they are thawed, open the bag and throw it in the frying pan, but be careful because shrimp cook really fast! Like 5 minutes fast, so have all the other ingredients ready to go. When the shrimp are just turning pink, throw everything else in. Dump in 1 cup of peach mango salsa. You can get the fresh tubs or the bottled jars. Dump in your cumin, chili powder, and ginger and there you have it! Let it all simmer happiliy together for about another 5 minutes and it will be good to go.
While you can chose your weapon as far as a tortilla goes, I think these go best with corn tortillas. Just be sure to warm them up first in a damp towel in the microwave to make them softer. Put a couple slices of avocado, or guacamole, and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and a squirt of lime juice. mmmmm. mmmmm. mmmmm. These have been a staple in our house for years, and for good reason! Easy, fast, delish!
- 1 lb bag frozen shrimp - peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1 cup peach mango salsa - fresh or bottled
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- avocado slices or guacamole (optional)
- fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- lime juice (optional)
- Set bag of frozen shrimp out to thaw, or soak bag in water for faster thaw.
- Heat medium to large frying pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- When shrimp are thawed, dump in warmed pan and cook until all the shrimp have started to turn pink, moving them around to get both sides.
- Add peach mango salsa, cumin, chili powder, and ground ginger and bring it back to a simmer.
- Let simmer about 5 more minutes.
- Warm tortillas in a damp cloth in the microwave when you are ready to serve.
- If you want, add sliced avocado or guacamole, and chopped cilantro, and a squirt or two of lime juice.
- If you are using fresh salsa, the end result will be a little runnier than if you use a bottled salsa.