You want chocolate muffins for a snack, you say? Ok, but don’t just have one, have three! Oh, and slather some yummy peanut butter on top, too.
Bake up a batch of these super simple muffins and have a chocolate snack ready and waiting for you all week!
Start by dumping all your ingredients into your blender and mix for a minute or so. Now there are a lot of Protein Powders out there and they are all different. I usually by mine from Costco, or I just order from Amazon. There are a couple that I would recommend that I think are better for recipes and also just plain old taste better. One that I really like is the Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein in either Chocolate or Vanilla. Either flavor would work fine in this recipe. Click on either flavor and it will take you right to it on Amazon. See how easy I make this for you? 😉 These links are for the 5 pound size which I know seems like a lot, but it’s so much more cost effective to order that much at a time, I promise….
Pour the batter evenly into sprayed muffin tins and pop them into your preheated oven.
Bake for 12-13 minutes and let cool on your stove top.
Drizzle some warm peanut or almond butter if you want on them and enjoy! Don’t worry, they do deflate a little while they are cooling. I keep them in an airtight container or baggie in the fridge for the week. You might also like my Peanut Butter Protein Snack Muffins!
- 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 t liquid stevia
- 2 scoops chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 4 large egg whites (1/2 C egg whites)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 t salt
- 3/4 C hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend for about a minute or so.
- Spray 1 full muffin tin, and 3 of another with nonstick spray. (It makes 15 muffins total)
- Pour the batter evenly into muffin pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes.
- Take out and cool in muffin tins.
- When completely cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If your muffins flatten out on top while they are cooling, don't worry, mine do too. When I eat them, I like them warm a little better, so I pop 3 of them in the microwave for about 30 seconds then I drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of warm peanut or almond butter.