This quick and easy salsa has become a staple in our house. Sadly, the kids know that if there is a mango in the house, no one is allowed to touch it because it already has a purpose. 🙂 I absolutely LOVE mangos! They are my favorite fruit for sure, but I am a bit of a mango snob. I don’t buy them unless I know that they are in season in the country that they came from. That’s when they are sweet and juicy. Nothing is worse than trying to eat a really tart mango that was forced to ripen unnaturally. Yuck 🙁 I would much rather wait and enjoy them when they are good. Same goes for peaches!! We only enjoy them for a couple months each year. I’m not big on canned fruit, so I just enjoy what’s in season.
I found me some sweet mangos at Costco the other day, so you know I had to buy a box and this was the first thing I thought of to make! So simple, and so delicious. I use it to take to a pot luck or bbq, or I use it to top many a taco. I’m excited to share Friday’s post with you, because this is the topping on the Steak Ginger Tacos!! Mouth watering yet? 😉
So for this quick side, all you have to do is open a can of black beans, give them a rinse, and dump them in a mixing bowl along with all your chopped veggies. I put in a seeded jalapeno but that is optional. Like I have said in other posts, if you cut out all the seeds and membranes inside, it really isn’t spicy. Just a delicious pepper flavor!
Give it all a toss.
And add your lime juice, garlic salt, and chili powder, and give it all another gentle toss. That’s it! You are ready to break out a good bag of chips and enter snack heaven.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C diced red onion
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional) cut out seeds and membranes for mild
- 1/4 C chopped fresh jalapeno
- 1 C diced fresh mango
- 1 C diced red pepper
- 1-2 T lime juice (to taste)
- 1/4 t chili powder
- 1 t garlic salt (or to taste)
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to a mixing bowl.
- Chop all veggies and cilantro and add to bowl. Give it a quick toss.
- Add lime juice, chili powder, and garlic salt and mix to coat it all.
- Macros for 1/2 C serving: Calories 73, Fat 0.3; Carbs 15; Protein 3
- Delicious with chips, or topping for tacos or salads.