I know that everyone has their very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I have to share with you mine! For me, this is THE ONE. Final. Period. 🙂 We started making this recipe years ago and have slowly tweaked it, and I must say, it is a bit of heaven in cookie form. Seriously people, would I lie to you? I recently started adding the pretzel pieces to it because I really like the hint of saltiness and crunch that it adds to the texture and taste of the cookie. I wish I could say that these are healthy, but like all cheat treats, it’s good for the soul. We all need a little indulgence once in a while, and actually I have read in a couple places lately that a cheat treat or meal once a week is actually good for your metabolism. Even if it’s not, I’m going to go with that. 🙂
But all that aside, I LOVE this cookie!!! That slight crispiness on the outside, and warm chewiness on the inside just doesn’t compare. The are absolutely divine about 10 minutes out of the oven, but the awesome thing is that they are still to die for the next day (if you haven’t eaten the whole batch by then).
You will notice that I use half regular sized milk chocolate chips, and half mini semi-sweet. I guess you will be fine with just one kind of chip, but honestly this is the best combo if you can have them both! Good luck not eating 10 in a row. 🙂
- 1/2 C Crisco (regular or butter flavored)
- 1/4 C real butter softened
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped pretzels
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together butter, crisco, and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat again until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until all incorporated. Add the chocolate chips, and pretzels and mix just until incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and refridgerate for about 1 hour.
- After about 45 minutes, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, make 1 inch dough balls and place evenly on cookie sheet. 12 per sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes (my oven is 11 exactly).
- After taking out of the oven, let cool for about 5 minutes on sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5-10 more minutes. Enjoy warm, or store in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
- Sorry, no macros for now on my cheat treats. Just enjoy a cookie! 🙂