Avocados, and guacamole are one of my most favorite things to eat! Sadly, there just never seems to be enough and we are all fighting over who gets to lick the bowl clean. The awesome thing about this avocado hummus is that it tastes like guacamole, and with an added can of beans it makes one avocado go a really long way! AND it’s super good for you to boot, so it’s a win win. There is no added oil in this! If you love guacamole, you HAVE to give this a try. I’ve taken in to a few get togethers in the last few weeks and people can’t keep their chips and crackers out of it! I’ve developed a new love for hummus and I can’t wait to try out so many other flavor combos.
It’s so easy to whip this up. Just dump everything in a food processor (Iused my blender, which did ok, but I wish I had a big food processor) blend it until smooth and creamy, and grab some chips!
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large very ripe avocado
- 2 T tahini
- 3-4 T lime juice
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1/2 t chipotle powder
- 1/2 t cummin
- 1 t salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Put all ingredients in a food processor (preferred) or powerful blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. You might have to push it back down a couple times during because of air pockets.
- Macors: Calories 51; Fat 2.3; Carbs 6; Protein 2
- Makes about 2 cups total
- Serving size is about 2 Tablespoons.