Are you all ready for another awesome hummus recipe?! I know I am. I love hummus! I really didn’t start eating it until the last couple of years and now I’m totally hooked. My favorite is hummus with sugar snap peas! So crunchy sweet and incredibly good for you. This is one snack you can feel good about eating your self and will still be a crowd pleaser at a get together.
Another reason I love hummus is that it’s so easy to make. Just dump it all in a blender and hit the button. What could be easier? And then you have a great snack all ready to go for the week. 🙂 Although, I only got to enjoy this one for about 2 days, because my husband discovered it and it was all over after that. Does this ever happen to you? You get all excited for a snack or some leftovers waiting for you in the fridge, and then you come home to see the empty container by the kitchen sink and you want to cry a little bit. 🙁 Such a let down. At least it’s easy enough to make another batch!
So anyway, I wipe my eyes and get the blender back out and dump everything in the blender again. 🙂
Hit the pulse and then blend button until it’s smooth and creamy. If you have a Blendtec Blender (which I highly recommend and you will see in A LOT of my posts), I would strongly encourage you to invest in the Twister Jar. Click here to for a quick link to it on Amazon where you can order it, or just read all the reviews. It’s awesome! Especially for thicker things like this, and smoothies, sauces, or smaller recipes. I find that sometimes the other jar is just too big! This has definitely solved that problem plus is equally as powerful. I love mine. 🙂
Such a beautiful color! Now just dish it up, add your serving of blue cheese on top, and hide the rest in the back of the fridge where no one else ever looks! 🙂
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar
- 2 T tahini
- 3 t minced garlic
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1 T Franks hot sauce
- 2 t lemon juice
- blue cheese
- Drain and rinse the can of chick peas.
- Add all ingredients except the blue cheese into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse and then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 T of blue cheese to each serving as you are ready to eat it.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Macros with 1 T blue cheese for each serving: Calories 105; Fat 5; Carbs 11; Protein 6
- Makes about 7 (2 oz) servings