I have another quick, easy, and healthy breakfast option for you all today that can be gluten free if you use gluten free oats! And they are pumpkin flavored for the season! Hooray for all things pumpkin! 🙂 These cups are so simple and quick to throw together and then you have breakfast in the bag for the rest of the week! (Literally, because you store them in a ziplock bag in the fridge) 🙂 And the great thing is that you get to eat three in one serving. I’m all about volume when I eat.
To start off, preheat your oven to 350 and spray a regular sized muffin tin with non stick spray. I would not recommend using cupcake liners with these. I did the first time and they are so moist that the paper really stuck to them. But of course I still ate them all because they were delicious, and I ate way more paper than I would like to admit… hey, I was in a hurry.
Just add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir briskly until it’s all blended well.
Then divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
Throw them in the oven for 20-25 minutes! I love recipes that I don’t have to type out 25 paragraphs of explanation. And I know you don’t want to read it all, so it’s a win win. See, I’m saving you time reading this post, and each morning because your breakfast is already for the week. You’re welcome.
I usually just pop 3 in the microwave for about 45 seconds each morning, scramble a few egg whites on the side, and off I go to work. These would also freeze really well if you wanted to make a couple of batches and pull them out to thaw in the fridge the night before. I have many more flavors of these up my sleeve so stay tuned!
- 2 Cups oats (Gluten Free is necessary)
- 1/2 Cup powdered peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (or 4 if not using stevia)
- 2 squirts liquid stevia or 2 teaspoons granulated stevia
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a regular sized muffin tin with non stick spray.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and briskly mix until completely combined.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups
- Bake 20-25 minutes until well set. Cool 15 minutes in tin, then run a butter knife around edges to loosen and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely before putting them in an air tight container or bag.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat desired amount in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds on high.
- They will freeze well.
- Calories 339
- Carbs 44
- Fat 11
- Protein 18