Sometimes you really just want something sweet, and you want to be able to eat the whole bowl, and some how have it magically be good for you. Well my friends, here you go. I eat this for snack all the time. I must say that I’m quite addicted to peanut butter. And apples. So for me, this is a match made in heaven. You get an excellent source of protein, calcium, and healthy fats. All things to keep you satisfied when those mid-afternoon (or night time) treat cravings come on.
This recipe has my new BFF, liquid Stevia, in it. If you are watching your sugar intake, I highly recommend keeping this little gem in your cupboard. I use it every single day. In my oatmeal, in my smoothies, and in my yogurt. You can find it in a little squeeze bottle by all the other sugar and sweeteners. I just get the great value brand from Walmart. It looks small, but one little squirt goes a really long way, so the little bottle actually lasts for quite awhile and I think it’s only a few dollars.
So go on, get your greek yogurt and Stevia and give this a go. I hope you like it as much as I do.
- 1/2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 T Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 t Cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 t Liquid Stevia (about 3/4 t granulated Stevia) or more if you want it sweeter
- 1/2 t Vanilla
- Mix everything in a bowl until completely combined and smooth. Then, eat the whole bowl!
- It's delicious with apples or just about anything you would dip in fruit dip. Sometimes, I just eat it with a spoon.
- I have made this PB2 if I want less fat and calories. You would need to make the PB2 into a paste first, and then mix into the yogurt. It's yummy, but it does change the flavor a bit. I usually just go for the gold and use peanut butter!