I love it when I find a simple, light, delicious recipe that is easily packable to make ahead for lunches for a week. This one certainly fits that bill and the macros nutrients are wonderfully balanced. It’s easy to grill chicken and have in the fridge, along with cooked quinoa and diced veggies, ready to throw together for lunch at home, or lunch to take to work. The fresh lemon on this bowl is so wonderful and flavorful!
If I plan to eat this for lunch for a week, I cook a bunch of chicken and quinoa and keep it in the fridge and then just measure out a serving of each ingredient each morning to toss in a bowl to take to work. I also whisk together 4-5 servings worth of the dressing and keep it separate in the fridge to drizzle on each morning to keep everything fresh.
I hope you enjoy this one because it definitely is one on my regular rotation. 🙂
- 4 oz grilled chicken
- 1/2 C cooked quinoa
- 1/4 C diced tomato
- 1/4 C diced cucumber
- 1/4 C diced sweet pepper
- 1 T feta cheese
- 4 kalamata olives
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken breast ahead of time and cook quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Dice up veggies and olives.
- Whisk up dressing until mixed thoroughly
- Add cooked chicken, quinoa, veggies, olives and feta to a bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
- Macros: Calories 350; Fat 13; Carbs 26.4; Protein 28.2
- I usually make 4-5 servings of the cook ahead ingredients and the dressing and throw together a fresh bowl of everything each morning to take to work. Veggies are best if they are chopped fresh each day.