Here is a great idea for a quick meal or snack that is absolutely packed with super foods and flavor! It’s full of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins. I absolutely love the flavor combination of this bowl. For Christmas, a co-worker gave me a bottle of delicious balsamic vinegar from an oil and vinegar specialty shop and I have fallen in love. It’s a pretty sweet balsamic, so you can drizzle it on ANYTHING and it will taste amazing without adding anything else to it. I put it on chicken or pork, on salads, and fruits, and roasted veggies. It seriously gives such a flavor kick. If you just have regular balsamic vinegar, then you could always just add a tiny bit of fresh honey to it and give it a whisk, but I would recommend trying a specialty balsamic vinegar someday if you haven’t and I promise you won’t regret it. 🙂 Love it!
I like to cut the peel off of my grapefruit like this, because I feel like I don’t waste and much as when I just scoop it out with a spoon. Then I just dice it up.
I also learned how to peel an avocado so that you get it ALL when I was working at a Mexican restaurant here in town a few years back (Shout out to Mi Rancherito!). You just cut the avocado into quarters, and then peel the skin back starting from the skinnier end (the top) and it just peels right off. Then just dice that up also.
Throw your grapefruit, avocado, spinach, and cottage cheese into a bowl and drizzle it with your balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste and you are good to go!
- 1/2 C cottage cheese
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1 small grapefruit
- 1/2 C chopped baby spinach
- 1 T sweet balsamic vinegar
- 1 t honey (if you don't have a sweet balsamic vinegar)
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cut the peel off of the grapefruit and dice into bite size chunks.
- Cut up avocado and rough chop the spinach.
- Place cottage cheese into bowl and add grapefruit, avocado, and spinach.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you don't have a sweet balsamic vinegar, you can whisk regular balsamic with about 1 teaspoon of honey.